Tuesday 5 March 2013

Stressful day!

Hi everyone!

Yesterday was a day full of stress and worry...

As some of you know, I am the very proud owner of an American Bulldog called Flo. The time came for her to be spade. This would have been done months ago, had I not have had to pay my car insurance (£800!!).

Having Flo spade was a must for me! As I am not going to breed her, being spade has a lot of long term benefits for her. It reduces the risk of infections and diseases, takes away that risk of her having puppies, and means she will never have to go through another season. I let Flo have her first season, and throughout the whole 3-4 weeks it lasted, she was miserable and totally not herself. So, in the long run, this routine procedure was the best decision.

The operation went well, and she is recovering quickly. I had very little sleep last night, as she was unsettled, and crying. I can't imagine it being very comfortable, not only having your insides messed about with, but also having to wear a plastic cone on your head! She doesn't seem overly interested in her wound, so the cone stays off when I am watching her, but I wasn't going to risk her pulling out all the stitches whilst I was sleeping.

Still feeling a little under the weather and tender today, Flo is very quiet compared to her usual boisterous self! She is however, eating, drinking, going to the toilet and pottering round, so I'm sure she will be back to her usual self in no time!

It certainly is not pleasant seeing an animal in pain, especially when its one so close to your heart. But these things are done with the best intentions for the animal.

She has follow up appointments booked in for check up and stitch removal. I shall keep you updated with her progress.

Speak to you soon :)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment