Monday 26 November 2012

BB Cream Review

After months of not fully understanding exactly what a BB cream is, I have finally got round to purchacing one.

I was pursuaded  into parting with £6.99 of my hard earned money, when I wandered into my local Superdrug. They had a buy 2, get one free offer on, and so I chose the BB cream, along side a new primer and a concealer. Making the most out of the offer, I decided to pick up the Rimeel BB cream, instead of the lipliner that I had originally grabbed. This made the concealer my free product.
According to the desciption on the back of the tube, a BB Cream (beauty balm) is a 'skin perfecting super makeup!' It boasts that it does 9 different things for your skin, in just this one cream.
 
1. primes
2. moisturises
3. minimises pores
4. conceals
5. covers
6. smoothes
7. mattifies
8. brightens
9. helps protect
 
I got the Rimmel London BB cream in shade Light, which also comes with SPF 25. When I first applied the cream I wasn't really sure what to expect. I must admit, I wasn't immediately impressed. None the less, I applied the cream, instead of my usual 'wake me up foundation', and haven't gone back since! It is a much less heavy product, and feels very light and natural on my skin. I am very happy with the colour match, and it gives my skin a flawless finish. It is easy to apply, and blends in extremely well. To begin with, I was still applying my primer before using the BB cream, just as I would before applingy foundation. I no longer need to do this, as like it says on the tube, the cream primes too. I found if I did prime separately before hand, the BB cream didn't go on as smoothly, perhaps due to there being too much product already on my face!
 
The coverage is a bit lighter than a foundation, perhaps more like a tinted moisturiser. I have a very freckled face, and you are able to see them more now that I am only using the BB cream. It covers redness and blemishes, although I still use my concealer on occasion to help. I feel it adds that little extra colour and coverage that is required, without looking too overdone. 
 
It lasts on my skin all day, and doesn't go patchy. It also has a nicer smell than my foundation. 
 
Would I recommend it to a friend? Definitely.  
 
Why I hadn't picked up one of these sooner, I don't know! I am very pleased and will be surprised if I go back to my foundation for some time!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment